- There are 4 types of relics: setting, rune, gem and a crafted relic. The first 3 are obtained via deconstructing legendary items or from fused relics (quest rewards, skirmish barter, instance drops plus see comment below). The crafted relic is made by a guilded crafter (
all craft types make the same relicssee comment below re crafted relics), which is then bartered for the relic.
- The higher the level the item when you deconstruct, generally the more relics you receive. However, if you are going through and just deconstructing for relics, it is worth raising the item’s level to 2 if you can (level 1 you receive 1 relic, level 2 you receive 3 to 5 – see comment below also).
- under the relic forging tab, auto combine up to the tier you wish (I’m as sure as I can be that the results are random however you do it, however manually combine if there are relics at a certain tier you want to keep). I would guess Tier 4 for around level 55 and Tier 6 for level 75. (Yes Tier 7 is level 75 BUT I found the Tier 6 extraordinary relics to be more useful than the Tier 7 remarkable… worth checking before you merrily combine up to Tier 7 )
- relic melding tab. here you can forge existing relics into a specific relics. Also check out the unique (lvl 55), singular (lvl 60), extraordinary (lvl 65) and remarkable (lvl 75).
- shards… you get these via the refining tab by blowing up existing relics. You can also occasionally get these when deconstructing legendary items. If you have a guilded crafter, you can make the lowest level crafted relic (once a day) and blow this up for a decent amount of shards (there will be a crafted relic choice on the drop down tab).
- the infused garnets, adamants and sapphires that drop in the Mines of Moria are used for instances which give a fused relic as one of its rewards (quest givers in The Dolven-View). I found these almost impossible to do at level so you may want to wait until you are higher level or it may have been me being a bit rubbish
- At level 75, there are daily repeatable quests from Galtrev which reward you with fused relics.